If you are interested in finding out more about us, do come along to one of our meetings, where someone will greet you and introduce you to others. You are welcome to come as a visitor for two meetings.
Below are the meetings for the period April 2019 to March 2020:
- April 4, 2019 Members’ Meeting – Tea, Coffee and Chocolate Speaker: Melanie King – the story of how and when they came to Britain.
- May 2, 2019 Resolutions meeting. Please note that because of local elections this meeting will be held in Church House.This evening members are asked to consider and vote on the Resolutions put forward for adoption by NFWI.
- June 6, 2019 Members’ meeting – Gardening for Wildlife. Speaker:Tony Clear Tony Clear was formerly the head gardener at Brook Cottage. He will be showing us how to best support the wildlife around us by the way we plant and maintain our own gardens.
- July 4 2019 Members’ Meeting – Blood, Bikes and Babies. Speaker: Kamran Irani.
- August 1, 2019 Members’ Meeting – Summer Social Evening. This evening we will celebrate the centenary of OFWI with a garden party kindly hosted in the garden of one of our members. Fittingly, her house was once the home of the founder of the first WI in the village: Adderbury and Milton WI in 1921..
- September 5, 2019 Members’ Meeting – Women Artists Over Five Centuries. Speaker:Wendy Hart. Wendy is a tutor and lecturer in the History of Art at Wroxton College.She is a successful commissioned artist who has exhibited widely. She studied for her B.A. and M.A. at Oxford Brookes.
- October 3, 2019 Members’ Meeting – Tai Chi. An instructor from the local branch of the Taoist Tai Chi Society will tell us about this form of the Chinese art, which is known as a moving meditation and aims to promote both physical and mental well-being. Some of the moves will be demonstrated by the instructor and two or three of our members who already practise Tai Chi and there will be an opportunity for everyone to try some moves for themselves.
- November 7, 2019 Members’ Meeting – The Loan Soldier. Speaker Bruce Duncan. As well as his service with the 3rd Royal Tank Regiment, Bruce volunteered as a loan soldier in Brunei, Nigeria, Sudan, Oman and Kuwait. This evening he will share some of his often dramatic, and in Kuwait tragic, experiences.
- December 5, 2019 Members’ Christmas meal
- January 2, 2020 Members’ Meeting – Adderbury Ukelele Group.
- February 6, 2020 Members’ Meeting – Information Technology. Speaker from OFWI tba
- March 5, 2020 Members’ Meeting – AGM and Social Evening.